Terms and Conditions for lifeguard training discounts:
1. The participant must be a current DRD employee or DRD employee in the upcoming season.
2. The participant and parent (if applicable) must sign the Employee Lifeguard Training Agreement.
3. The participant agrees to work at least 250 hours during the course of the upcoming summer.
Note: 250 hours represents an average of 18 hours per week during the summer pool season.
4. The participant agrees to work through Labor Day weekend or provide DRD Pools with two weeks written notice of his/her termination of employment with DRD Pools.
5. The participant and parent (if applicable) must sign Employee Training Agreement and submit to instructor or DRD office by the final day of training.
Terms and Conditions for lifeguard training reimbursement:
In order to qualify for the training fee reimbursement, the participant must take the DRD Starguard lifeguard training program and agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Fulfill all terms and conditions outlined for Training Discount.
2. A) Participant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater. Verification of GPA must be delivered to the DRD office by the final day of training. Do not take verification of GPA to training class.
B) Participant must be a 4+ year DRD veteran.
3. Participant will be issued the training reimbursement the first pay date in October.
DRD offers the following training and orientation courses: